Join The Leading Edge: Help Us Create Our Habitat
Currently, Mycoworks is strictly an intellectual entity. Fortunately, we have been given the opportunity to manage a beautiful piece of land on an island in the Yellowstone River. Our vision for the property extends beyond the realm of fungi, though it certainly incorporates them. We intend to slowly develop a portion of the land into a demonstration site for a wide array of alternative agriculture methods. As fungi are an integral part most all human systems, we will be not only integrating them into the farm but we will also be utilizing the site as a home base for our mycological ventures. To make this vision a reality, we need your help!
Your donations will be applied directly the the essentials required to begin offering physical products along with the educational and consulting elements of our business. Our first step in establishing the physical entity of Mycoworks is developing a facility to nurture our spawn. Our intention in propagating spawn is to culture as many of the strains of fungi that are endemic to our bioregion as we can bring into cultivation. For this we need to establish a simple laboratory as well as an appropriate space to house our cultures. A brief list of sought after materials can be found below. If directly donating anything listed is a more desirable option for you than contributing monetarily, please contact us to discuss the possibilities.
Where the Money Goes:
- Stainless Steel work surfaces
- 99.99% HEPA Filter (12"x12"x6")
- Petri Dishes
- Mason Jars
- Autoclavable bags
- Starsan, citrasolv, or other food-safe sanitizers
- Agar powder
- Malt extract
- Nitrile gloves
- Alcohol lamp
- Scalpel blades
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Filter patches/paper
- High temp RTV gasket sealer
- #20 (840 μm) and #325 (40μm) stainless steel sieves
- Substrates (when they can't be locally sourced for free!)
- including logs, wood chips, straw, leaves, coffee grounds, grains, and most other organic matter
- Building supplies: we need to put a roof on our shop space. Contact us with inquiries or offers!